My journey with the Tarot began in 1991 when I was given a Rider-Waite-Smith deck as a gift. My serious study of Tarot began in 1995, and over the years I have developed a solid background in the traditional Tarot archetypes and symbols, and in using my own intuition and gifts to provide a consultation with the Tarot. My Tarot practice embraces the idea of Tarot as book of prayer and a conduit to the Collective Unconscious that allows each of us to explore personal empowerment and connect to Spirit. I currently read with the Gaian Tarot, created by Joanna Powell Colbert, and am a member of the Gaian Tarot Circle.
I began reading for individuals and for parties in 2005, but over time realized that the Bacchanalian atmosphere of most parties was not conducive to a thought-provoking soul exploration. My goal is to provide readings that are a collaboration between the reader and the client, and which all us to come to a place of illumination and understanding.
My interest in spirituality and nature has been life-long, and I am constantly expanding my horizons in both areas. Connecting to Nature as a way of life, and as daily spiritual practice is my foundation and grounding.
Like all reputable Tarot consultants, I have a personal code of conduct:
- I will serve the best interests of my clients, conducting my professional activities without causing or intending to cause harm.
- I will treat all my clients with equal respect, regardless of their origin, race, religion, gender, age, or sexual preference. However, all persons seeking a Tarot Exploration must be 18 years of age.
- I will represent honestly my Tarot qualifications, including educational credentials and levels of certification.
- I will keep confidential the names of clients and all information shared or discussed during readings, unless otherwise requested by the client or required by a court of law.
- I will recommend clients consult a licensed professional for advice of a legal, financial, medical, or psychological nature that I am not qualified to provide. If trained in one of these areas, I will clearly differentiate between the tarot reading and any professional advice additionally provided.
- I will respect my clients’ right to refuse or terminate their reading at any time, regardless of prior consent.
- I recognize that all tarot readers have the same rights and obligations as I do, and I will always respect and honor other tarot practices that do not cause harm.
- I maintain the right to terminate any reading with a client who threatens my personal safety or abuses the reader/client relationship.
The Violet Hour Tarot logo, website and all written material © Violet Hour Tarot 2011-2013